The Keith Lodge Of Peterhead is situated in the Province of Aberdeenshire East, under the jurisdiction of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Aberdeenshire East, there are 14 Lodges in total within the province, details of them can be found here.
The present Right Worshipful Provincial Grand Master is Past Master Brother Dr Douglas Robert Hamilton Nicol of Lodge Leask No. 1084, Maud
In the year 1871, the Provincial Grand Lodge of Aberdeenshire East was reconstituted. Brother Captain Charles Hunter of the Royal Aberdeenshire Highlanders was affiliated to the Keith Lodge and afterwards installed as Provincial Grand Master by Brother Doctor William Beveridge along with a deputation from Aberdeen City Province. The installation was carried out in the Pavillion Hall, Broad Place on the 9th October 1871.
Brother Captain Charles Hunter was the first recorded Provincial Grand Master from the Keith Lodge, he became in later years Colonel Sir Hughes Hunter, Bart., Representative of the Grand Lodge of Greece, near the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
There have been to-date five Brethren of the Keith Lodge who have fulfilled the Role of Provincial Grand Master as follows:-
|1871-1877||Captain Charles Hunter|
|1904-1919||William H. Leask|
|1979-1984||William McDougall Gordon|
Further information regarding Provincial Grand Lodge of Aberdeenshire East can be found on their website